Bryant vs Carrier: an air conditioner comparison guide
Posted on Mar 27, 2013 by Rachel Wright
Looking to learn more about Bryant vs Carrier air conditioners? Read on.
Get HVAC Estimates
When you're ready to install a new air conditioner in your home, it's important to consider a variety of products and companies before you make a purchase. When you start a Bryant vs. Carrier air conditioner comparison, you'll discover that both companies have a good reputation and produce reliable products.
It's important to remember that in addition to the product cost, you need to determine how much the air conditioner will cost to install. Air conditioner prices only reflect product price, so you'll need to get an installation estimate from a contractor with HVAC training.
Bryant air conditioners
Founded in 1904, Bryant has long been providing products that make its customers' homes comfortable. Over the years, the company has built itself a good reputation. It is known for producing high-quality products that are reliable and durable.
When you do a Bryant vs. Carrier air conditioner comparison, you'll discover that Bryant offers a wider variety of air conditioners. The company offers four lines of air conditioners: the Evolution System, the Preferred Series, the Preferred Compact and the Legacy Line.
Bryant Preferred Series Central Air Conditioner Model 123A
All of Bryant's air conditioners have a 10-year parts warranty when they are properly registered. Most Bryant air conditioners are ENERGY STAR qualified and offer several other benefits. Bryant air conditioners:
- Are designed using a compressor that works in a circular motion instead of an up-and-down piston action.
- Use Puron refrigerant, which is designed not to harm the Earth's atmosphere.
- Have quiet levels ranging from 66 to 76 decibels.
- Offer superior humidity control.
- Have seasonal energy efficiency ratios that range between 15 and 20.
- Have energy efficiency ratings that range from 13 to 14.5.
Carrier air conditioners
Carrier was founded by Willis Haviland Carrier, the engineer who invented modern air conditioning, in 1902. The company was built around Carrier's invention and has since become one of the world's leading companies in the home cooling industry.
When you make a Bryant vs. Carrier air conditioner comparison, you'll discover that Carrier produces three lines of air conditioners, which include 11 different models. The company offers six air conditioner models that are ENERGY STAR qualified. Carrier air conditioners also:
- Have seasonal energy efficiency ratios that range between 15 and 21.
- Have quiet levels that range from 65 to 76 decibels.
- Include compact models that fit in tighter spaces.
- Are designed using a two-stage compressor and a compressor sound blanket to make them as quiet as possible.
- Use Puron refrigerant because it won't harm the Earth's atmosphere.
- Have a 10-year limited parts warranty.
- Offer an optional labor warranty.
Carrier Infinity 21 Air Conditioner 24ANB1
When you make the decision to purchase a new AC unit for your home, you should consider several things before you obtain an air conditioner estimate. Studying a Bryant vs. Carrier air conditioner comparison can help you determine which company has the best option for you.