CertainTeed asphalt roof shingles prices: pros, cons and quotes
Posted on May 13, 2013 by Rachel Wright
A great overview of CertainTeed asphalt roofing shingles.
Where do you need services?
Asphalt is a popular roofing material for residential buildings. Although other roofing materials such as wood and metal exist, many homeowners want asphalt because of its low cost and easy installation. Whether you are building a new home or repairing an old one, CertainTeed asphalt roof shingles are one type of roofing material to consider.
CertainTeed has been making asphalt roofing for decades and is one of many manufacturers to consider.
There are advantages and disadvantages to an asphalt roof. For starters, asphalt is available in a variety of colors, textures and styles. Asphalt also waterproofs and strengthens the roof. Other benefits of using asphalt are that the material is low maintenance and lasts a long time.
The main drawback of asphalt roofing is that it doesn't do well in very cold weather. Asphalt is best for regions with moderate climates.
Asphalt roofing prices depend on a number of factors:
- The category of asphalt you choose.
- The region you reside in.
- Whether you are building or repairing a roof.
- Whether you install the shingles yourself or hire a roofing contractor.
At CertainTeed, there are three categories of asphalt:
- Strip asphalt roofing shingles are single layered and lightweight. These shingles are good for roof repair if you already have strip shingles.
- Dimensional asphalt roofing shingles are multilayered and heavier than strip shingles. The roofing warranty for dimensional shingles is 30 years to the lifetime of the house.
- The third category is premium asphalt roofing shingles. The premium shingles are the top of the line and are often laminated. They offer a more aesthetic appeal and can even resemble wood shake roofing. Premium shingles can also provide added features such as energy efficiency. The shingles have solar reflectivity, which can lower your home's energy bills.
CertainTeed asphalt roof shingles come in a range of prices. The lowest cost roof shingles are the strip shingles. Not surprisingly, the premium shingles are the most expensive. The overall roofing cost includes materials and labor.
If you decide to use CertainTeed asphalt roof shingles, you have a few dozen products to choose from. To get the most accurate roofing estimate for your project, you need to contact roofing contractors in your area and ask if they have experience installing CertainTeed products. It's hard to find a typical price of asphalt roofing because projects can range from a single shingle repair to an entire roof.
Many manufacturers make residential roofing materials. If you have decided that asphalt is the roofing material you want, CertainTeed asphalt roof shingles have been around for a long time. If you want to learn about other asphalt roof manufacturers, visit Reply!