Amana vs Gibson AC prices, pros and cons
If you are considering a new central air conditioning unit, an Amana vs. Gibson AC comparison might help you find the right air conditioner for your home.
Where do you need services?
Installing the right air conditioner in your home can save money and prevent you from dealing with frustrating repairs down the road. If you are considering the purchase of a new central air conditioning unit, an Amana vs. Gibson AC comparison might help you find the right air conditioner for your home.
Amana air conditioners
Amana, which has been serving the public since 1934, manufactures a wide range of heating and cooling products. The Amana AC assortment includes two main product lines: Amana Premium and Amana Distinction. Some of the benefits of the Amana products include:
- Seasonal energy efficiency ratios of up to 18.
- R-410a chlorine-free refrigerant.
- Lifetime limited warranty on some models.
Drawbacks to the Amana air conditioner systems include:
- Amana Distinction AC units are not carried by many contractors.
- Some Amana AC units are virtually the same as Goodman AC units, making it difficult for shoppers to make a distinction between the two.
The reason it can be difficult to find Amana Distinction air conditioners or to tell the difference between these ACs and those sold by Goodman is because Amana is part of Goodman Global. Their product offerings are remarkably similar. This doesn't detract from the quality of the products, but it may make shopping a bit more confusing.
Gibson air conditioners
As you continue to compare Amana vs. Gibson AC units, you will want to take a closer look at Gibson. Gibson is the manufacturer of many quality HVAC products.
If you are hoping to install air conditioner components in your home, the Gibson line is an excellent choice. Some of the attractive features of Gibson products include:
- SEERs of up to 16 on many models.
- Single- and dual-stage cooling technology available.
- A 10-year warranty with a one-year parts guarantee.
As with any product, Gibson ACs have some drawbacks:
- For coverage beyond the 10-year warranty, you will need to purchase an extended warranty.
- Extended warranties from Gibson do not cover installation.
The decision of which AC to buy usually comes down to price. Air conditioner prices for Amana and Gibson are not publicly displayed, as the prices can vary depending on a number of factors.
In order to find out how much you will spend to install either brand, you should speak to a contractor to get an estimate for your project.
Amana AC units can cost anywhere from $2,000 to $7,250 including the cost of installation.
Gibson AC units start at about $500 before installation or $2,000 with installation.
Before you hire a contractor, discuss air conditioner prices of the two brands and ask for estimates to install both. This will allow you to make a good Amana vs. Gibson AC comparison.