American Standard vs Maytag AC prices, pros and cons
American Standard vs. Maytag AC shows both companies produce a variety of entry- and mid-level units. If this is what you're after, your choice will come down to price.
Where do you need services?
If you're shopping around for a central air conditioner, then both American Standard and Maytag make what you're looking for. However, a particular company might have an AC unit better suited to your specific air conditioner needs.
American Standard air conditioners
American Standard divides its units into three categories: Silver Series, Gold Series and Platinum Series. Silver Series air conditioners are entry-level, Gold Series units are mid-level, and units in the Platinum Series are top-of-the-line.
Units in the Platinum Series come with a 12-year limited warranty on the compressor and a 10-year limited warranty on the outdoor coil and internal parts. All other units come with a 10-year limited warranty on the compressor, outdoor coil and internal parts.
- Products are neatly divided into three series, making it easy to compare items and features.
- Top-of-the-line Platinum ZM model features the AccuLink Communication System, which can save you money by communicating with other units in your HVAC system and automatically making adjustments to save energy.
- Product warranty is not long as Maytag products.
- When comparing American Standard vs. Maytag AC efficiency, Maytag has the advantage with two units that are more efficient than anything American Standard offers.
Maytag air conditioners
Maytag offers over a dozen units with a variety of features and efficiency ratings. In the American Standard vs. Maytag AC comparison, Maytag has the advantage if you are looking for either variety of options or maximum energy efficiency.
- A larger inventory to choose from than American Standard.
- Two units that feature a higher energy efficiency rating than anything made by American Standard.
- All units come with a 12-year warranty on all parts.
- Units aren't divided as neatly into categories as American Standard air conditioners.
- Units don't feature AccuLink Communication System technology.
Like other major AC companies, neither American Standard nor Maytag publicly list their air conditioner prices. To get an estimate, connect with local contractors to provide you with quotes for either company. Remember that the quote will include the price of the AC unit in addition to the cost to install the air conditioner. It's recommended to get multiple quotes before you hire a contractor.
An American Standard vs. Maytag AC comparison shows both companies produce a variety of entry- and mid-level units. If this is what you're looking for, your choice will mainly come down to price differences. If you're looking for the maximum in energy efficiency, Maytag has the advantage.