American Standard vs Tempstar AC prices, pros and cons
Get the info you need on American Standard vs Tempstar air conditioners today, from models to energy efficiency to pricing.
Where do you need services?
If you are searching for a new air conditioner and are shopping around for the best air conditioner prices, you may have considered doing an American Standard vs. Tempstar AC comparison. Both companies manufacture products that are high in quality and sold by independent AC unit dealers throughout North America.
If you need to install an air conditioner and need an estimate right away, your best bet is to hire a contractor. However, this brief guide will give you an idea of how air conditioners are priced and the type of warranty you can expect.
Your American Standard vs. Tempstar AC comparison should start with a list of pros and cons of purchasing an HVAC unit from one of these companies. Both companies offer top quality products, but there are a few pros and cons that consumers should consider.
American Standard air conditioners
The pros of purchasing a unit through American Standard are:
- American Standard has been manufacturing heating and cooling products for over 130 years and has built a solid reputation within the industry.
- Offer a variety of energy-efficient models for you to choose from.
- American Standard also sells home filtration systems that work together with your AC to clean more than 98 percent of dust particles and allergens.
The cons of American Standard are:
- The most energy-efficient model available through American Standard has a seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER) rating of 20. While this is an excellent SEER rating, consumers who want units with SEER ratings of 21 or higher must purchase their units elsewhere.
- American Standard only has one unit with a SEER rating of 20. All other units have a SEER of 16 or less.
Tempstar air conditioners
The pros of purchasing a unit through Tempstar include the following:
- Tempstar has a wide variety of units for you to choose from. From high-tech units to standard mini-split units, you are sure to find one that fits your needs and budget.
- Mini-split units have SEER ratings of up to 22, making them extremely energy efficient.
- Tempstar units are designed to operate at extremely low sound decibels, so they are very quiet.
The cons of Tempstar units are:
- The largest and most durable units have SEER ratings between 16 and 19. Many companies have large units with SEER ratings of 20 or more.
- You must purchase a top-of-the-line product in order to get the 10-year warranty. Standard products have a warranty of only five years.
American Standard vs. Tempstar AC pricing
Your American Standard vs. Tempstar AC comparison should contain pricing information as well. Unit prices vary greatly depending on a variety of factors. You can expect to pay a few hundred dollars to as high as $3,000 or more, depending on the SEER rating, unit size and many other factors.
You must get an estimate from a contractor if you want to know exactly what you will pay to install your unit. Locate contractors in your area and receive free estimates.
There is a lot more that you can learn when doing an American Standard vs. Tempstar AC comparison. Read through other HVAC resources to compare other AC brands and pricing. Doing as much research as possible will help you find the unit that is right for you.