FrontPoint vs Protection 1 home security systems
Pricing of home security systems is largely based on your plan, additional equipment add-ons and location. Find out what FrontPoint and Protection 1 can offer you.
Where do you need services?
When choosing between the two companies to protect your house, FrontPoint and Protection 1 home security prices play a big role in the decision. You'll also need to consider the features that each company offers to meet your individual needs.
The Reply! site enables you to find a reputable local contractor to install home security alarms in your house. A professional can also give you an assessment of the services you should get to ensure your family's safety and wellbeing.
Features and services available with FrontPoint
The FrontPoint security company offers three different packages for customers to choose from. The website features a buying guide, helpful videos, and security consultants who you can contract directly to discuss your concerns. The three basic plans are:
- The Protection Plan: 100 percent cellular connections so you never have to worry about a power outage or an intruder cutting your landline off; burglar and intrusion monitoring; fire monitoring; carbon monoxide monitoring; and temperature monitoring.
- The Interactive Monitoring Plan: Includes everything that the Protection Plan has, plus remote access to your security system; instant alerts to the security center if your alarm is disabled or smashed; GEO services that track your cellphone if you need it; and automatic alerts sent to your cellphone about what is happening at your home.
- The Ultimate Monitoring Plan: Includes everything the other two plans have, plus live video surveillance that you can watch via a computer; PDA or smartphone; and a home automation suite allows you to control your lights, locks and thermostat remotely.
Features and services available with Protection 1
Protection 1 security services also offers wireless protection. The company's website has a form that you can fill out for a free consultation to assess your individual needs. Some of the features that Protection 1 offers include:
- A color touch-screen control keypad that allows you to monitor your system with the touch of a fingertip.
- Pet-friendly motion detection systems so the furry members of your family do not accidently set off the alarm.
- A free smartphone application that allows you to remotely control your alarm system, locks and thermostat.
- Email and text notifications that you set up to let you know what is going on at home when you're not there.
FrontPoint and Protection 1 home security prices
FrontPoint security plans start at $34.99 a month for basic plans and go up to around $50 for more comprehensive protection. The website allows you to browse add-on equipment to more fully secure your residence.
Protection 1 offers plans that start at around $1 a day, so plan on spending at least $30 a month for the service. The price, of course, will increase with more equipment or features.
After browsing through the services that each company offers, as well as researching various home security system reviews about the available features, the difference between FrontPoint and Protection 1 home security prices may not be the deciding factor.
If you're still on the fence about which company you should choose, use the Reply! site to find an expert in your area to help you gain peace of mind.