Ducane air conditioner prices, pros and cons
Ducane air conditioners aren't as popular as many other brands, but their outstanding performance and favorable reviews point to this brand's affordability.
Where do you need services?
It is essential that the interior temperature of your home be comfortable all year round, which means having sufficient heat in the winter and adequate air conditioning in the summer. A Ducane air conditioner will take care of cooling things off during the hot summer months.
Ducane air conditioners aren't as popular as many other brands, but their outstanding performance and favorable reviews point to this brand's affordability and comfort features.
Here we review two of their models: 4AC14 and 4AC18.
Ducane model 4AC14 high-efficiency AC unit
This Ducane air conditioner is a 14 SEER AC geared toward people who are looking for an affordable unit with a basic cooling ability.
With a 14 SEER, it's best suited for climates where the weather doesn't get too hot because it will cause your utility bills to increase significantly if it is running often.
Top features of the Ducane 4AC14:
- Single-stage cooling means this AC is affordable.
- Wired for quick installation.
- Cabinet is made of heavy-gauge galvanized steel and is powder-coated for durability.
- Pressure switches provide protection for the compressor.
- Access panels are easily accessible for installation and service.
- This model is available in several sizes, from 1.5-ton/18,000-BTU to 5-ton/60,000-BTU units.
- Air conditioner prices range from $1,139 for the 2-ton unit to $1,869 for the 5-ton unit.
Ducane model 4AC18 high-efficiency AC unit
This Ducane air conditioner is an 18 SEER high-efficiency unit that receives rave reviews from customers. This quality-built unit is one of the most efficient models in its class. It works well in warmer climates that require the air conditioner to be on often during summer months.
Top features of the Ducane 4AC18:
- Energy Star rated.
- Eligible for tax credit.
- Includes two-stage scroll functioning for consistent and quiet cooling.
- Equipped with the highest-rated scroll compressor in the industry, the Copeland Ultra-TechIncludes comfort alert 2TM onboard diagnostics.
- Automatic crankcase heater and defroster.
- Noise reduction features include a sound blanket and rubber grommets.
- Corrosion-resistant copper tubing and aluminum fins.
- Uses R410-A refrigerant, which is safe for the environment.
- This model is available in several sizes, from 2-ton to 5-ton units.
- Prices range from $2,199 for the 2-ton unit to $2,799 for the 5-ton unit.
Another benefit to purchasing a Ducane air conditioner is that the company includes a limited warranty. This warranty will cover all functioning parts, including the compressor, for 10 years.
You can also purchase an extended warranty that will cover the cost of labor beyond the first year.
If you are looking to save as much money as possible, you may be considering installing a Ducane air conditioner on your own, but this is not advisable. Instead, hire a contractor to install the air conditioner so that you know it will be done correctly.
If you do the work yourself and it isn't done right, you could shorten the lifespan of the unit and affect its efficiency. The contractor will provide you with an estimate so that you will know what to expect in terms of pricing.
If you have questions about a Ducane air conditioner, HVAC contractors or any other type of air conditioner issues, let Reply! help you. Reply! can put you in touch with a qualified contractor in your area to answer all your questions.