Protection 1 business security systems: pros, cons and costs
Protection 1 is a national security company with local offices in all major U.S. cities. Between small business and multi-site business services, there is a package for your company.
Where do you need services?
Protection 1, while a younger company, continues to grow and offer the latest technological advancements in security services and equipment.
They began in 1988 by PacificCorp, a utility company located on the West Coast. Protection 1 eventually merged with Westar Energy. Today it has multiple nation-wide locations and five monitoring centers.
Protection 1 business security products
The company offers different burglary alarm systems to fit every size of business. You can integrate the intruder alarm system with fire monitoring, as well as get detailed reports about who enters and exits your establishment.
Protection 1 also offers upgrades to standard alarm systems such as:
- Security cameras and video surveillance systems for observing your employees and their interactions with clients.
- Motion detectors, glass break detectors, photoelectric beams and magnetic contacts for extra safety. The system also offers pressure and shock sensors to sense any type of possible intrusion.
- A variety of access control options, including a simple keypad PIN access and a more advanced card access. Either way, you are in charge of who gets access to your establishment and what exact time of day different employees can disarm and arm the system to open up or close your business.
Choosing the right Protection 1 business security services
In addition to basic monitoring services, the company also offers additional security measures for businesses. These include:
- Remote access to your security system. You can control every aspect of your security measures through a computer or other compatible devices, such as certain smartphones or select PDAs.
- Remote video surveillance. Whether you choose to watch things happen live or record events while you're away, you'll automatically get an image sent to your email after any alarm activation.
- Asset protection sensors. If you have valuable inventory, theft, damage and loss can become a big problem for your bottom line. These sensors are discreet and small, as well as customizable to be triggered for movement or tipping.
The Protection 1 business security website offers a live chat option, as well as customer service representatives who are available at any time during the day or night to answer your questions.
Protection 1 business security prices
The company's website does not list specific charges for services. The price depends largely on your location, size of your business, equipment needs, and your individual preferences in a Protection 1 monitoring system.
Before you install a business security system, make sure to read all of the business security reviews that you can to make an informed decision. It's also a good idea to speak with a professional installer.
Use Reply! to get in touch with a Protection 1 expert to assess your needs personally, by coming to your business and seeing firsthand what you need to protect it. Fill out our short, 30-second form to be connected to a professional now.