Andersen Replacement Windows - Stylishly Saving Money
A Guide to Federal Tax Credits and Andersen Replacement Windows
Your home windows should provide much more than a view to the outside world. Windows are vital when it comes to comfortable home insulation, natural lighting, and curb appeal. If it’s time to find new windows, you’ll find the full spectrum of value from Andersen replacement windows. From forward fashions to federal tax credits, Andersen’s array of quality windows leaves no option behind.
- Casement – Hinged on one side with a cranking arm.
- Awning – Hinged at the top, opening outwards.
- Double-Hung – Open by vertically sliding sashes.
- Gliding – Open by horizontally sliding sashes.
- Picture & Transom – Like casement and double-hung, yet stationary.
- Specialty – Custom-shape picture windows.
- Bow & Bay – windows projecting outward from the home
Seeing Through Andersen Windows for Federal Tax Credits
When you’ve made the decision to install Andersen replacement windows, consider the qualifications for energy efficiency. In 2010, Andersen was awarded the Federal Energy Star Partner of the Year Award, which affirms Andersen as one of the leading manufacturers in the field with little to be missed when searching for efficient window options. Energy Star rated windows not only provide the sufficient level of insulation that every homeowner should seek when looking for replacement windows, but also may qualify for federal tax credits of up to 30% of costs outside of installation.
To get more information about window replacement price estimates, see our main artilce on the cost of new panes here.
Andersen replacement windows come in a variety of fashions to every style of home, from historic restorations to brand-new townhouses. The fact that you don’t have to forfeit style for function is one of the finer details about Andersen’s Energy Star windows. Here’s how to qualify for federal tax credits with Andersen replacement windows:
- Buy and install your choice of Andersen window with the Energy Star label.
- Don’t lose those receipts! Keep all your paperwork from the time of purchase with your tax information, including any statements of certification or product performance.
- File your taxes and claim your tax break. This credit covers unit cost, but not installation.
With your taxes taken care of thanks to your Andersen replacement windows, you should be sitting pretty with attractive windows that afford you great insulation and natural lighting on top of cutting monthly costs.