Atlas asphalt shingles comparison: GlassMaster vs StormMaster Shake
Atlas Roofing Corporation, a leading manufacturer in the residential roofing industry, offers a large variety of asphalt shingle products. Even though the various products all provide protection from the elements, a comparison between Atlas Roofing GlassMaster vs. StormMaster Shake asphalt shingles can help you select a shingle that gives your home the look you desire with the level of protection that you need.
Atlas GlassMaster asphalt shingle
GlassMaster shingles from Atlas Roofing are constructed from fiberglass for long-lasting durability. The use of fiberglass allows for a layered approach to protection from moisture, forcing any rain or snow to penetrate through multiple shingle layers before reaching the roof deck beneath. The use of fiberglass does not affect the appearance of the shingles, so they'll still give your home the traditional look of asphalt shingles. The design of the GlassMaster shingles also leads to a few other benefits, such as:
- Easy installation due to the traditional construction of these three-tab shingles. Because of their well-known design, any roofer familiar with installing asphalt shingles should have no problem with the GlassMaster product.
- Warranted wind resistance against gales of up to 60 MPH. Under the warranty, any shingle lost in a storm where the winds are below the limit will be replaced.
- Algae resistance treatment to prevent the growth of algae that would stain and discolor the shingles. Resistance is not available with all shingle colors.
- Ceramic-coated granules made by 3M are used on the top surface of the shingles to prevent sun discoloration.
- A variety of shingle colors are available to complement your home's exterior.
Atlas StormMaster Shake
Atlas StormMaster Shake asphalt shingle
Atlas StormMaster Shake shingles are manufactured using a rubberized SBS polymer for added durability and longevity in areas with extreme weather conditions. As with the GlassMaster shingles, the StormMaster shingles come in a variety of colors to complement your home exterior and increase curb appeal. StormMaster shingles have several features that are quite different from the GlassMaster shingles, such as:
- Warranted wind resistance up to 130 MPH.
- Scotchgard protection to prevent the formation of surface-staining algae.
- Class four impact resistance to prevent damage to the roof from hail.
Those looking to install asphalt roofing shingles should consider hiring a professional roofer to make certain that the shingle installation is up to local building codes. This will prevent the roofing warranty given for the shingles from being voided. Local roofers can be found using QualitySmith online by searching through the listings.
A roofer can provide you with a roofing estimate that covers the asphalt shingle prices and the labor involved in setting the shingles in place. With the roofing cost estimate in hand along with the comparison information, homeowners can make a true comparison of Atlas GlassMaster vs. StormMaster Shake asphalt shingles in order to decide which type to install. Either shingle choice will provide protection from wind or rain, while at the same time adding to the sales value of the home.