Costco vs Sears prefabricated composite and recycled-content outdoor storage buildings retailers: Points to consider
Chances are good that if you own a home, you could use more storage. Exterior storage systems fit the bill. More and more responsible homeowners are opting to do a Costco vs. Sears prefabricated composite and recycled-content outdoor storage buildings retailer comparison before buying a storage shed. These top retailers typically stock a wide range of these eco-friendly garden sheds and tool sheds. There are great reasons to shop with either of these retailers, and a number of reasons why a composite or recycled-content shed makes a lot of sense.
Costco prefabricated composite and recycled-content outdoor storage
With the environment in a continuing state of decline, it is only natural for eco-conscious and environmentally savvy homeowners to look for products that reduce their overall impact on the environment, and leave behind a smaller carbon footprint. Among exterior storage systems, prefabricated outdoor storage sheds are among the most planet-friendly.
These buildings feature panels with a foam core and a durable magnesium oxide covering for a design that is strong and sturdy. In fact, these panels are even sturdier than wood. They are fire-resistant, infestation-resistant and will never rot or rust.
When choosing to shop with Costco, you can plan on:
- Low prices: Costco has thousands of locations, and the power to buy outdoor buildings from top manufacturers in bulk. The savings are passed on to you, the consumer.
- High-quality buildings: Costco only sells premium products that are built to last.
- Financing: Costco offers their own consumer credit card, and often offer promotional deals that can make affording your storage shed even easier.
Sears prefabricated composite and recycled-content outdoor storage
Sears is another great retailer when it comes to home improvement items, including outdoor garden sheds and tool sheds.
Some reasons to choose Sears when shopping for your building include:
- Professional installation: Unlike Costco, Sears offers installation on the prefabricated outdoor composite and recycled-content storage buildings in its inventory. Sears also guarantees the work the installers do.
- Financing: With a Sears card, you can finance all, or part of the purchase price of your building.
- Access to Sears' brands: Brands from Sears are only available at Sears. For example, you can only buy Craftsman brand buildings at Sears.
No matter which retailer you choose when shopping for your prefabricated outdoor building, you will need to decide whether you have the DIY skills, time and desire to put your building together. Most buildings are sold in pre-cut kits. You will need to assemble the building on site. If you are not confident in your skills or if you don't have the time to do the assembly, QualitySmith is a great source for finding reliable contractors in your area to do the job, or to provide an estimate for you.
As you can see, it makes a lot of sense to do a Costco vs Sears prefabricated composite and recycled-content outdoor storage retailer comparison before you shop for your building.